Friday, August 22, 2008

PT in the Grocery Store

I may have mentioned that I had a terrific Physical Therapist during my ACL recovery. Her children took karate classes for a few years and were great to have in class. The other night I was bringing my daughter home from soccer practice. We decided to stop at the local grocery store for a treat. I ran into my PT in the frozen food aisle. She asked me how I was doing and I told her that things were great and I finally feel like I have put this injury behind me. She had the surgery over twenty years ago and told me that it took her a year to feel confident again. During my update , I mentioned a "popping" feeling on the side of my knee. I explained that when I work out more than usual or do squats, my knee feels weird. She told me that it sounds like Iliotibial Band Syndrome. Lovely.

The best thing about running into your PT in the grocery store...No co-pay! : )

No comments: