Monday, May 11, 2009

Taking a Spin

The email from my sister was brief.

It read, “You’re signed up for 6:30pm.”

I am taking a spin class tonight with my sister. I have been a member of the gym for a little over a year. My usual routine consists of the cardio machines (elliptical, bike or treadmill) and the circuit training machines.

With the exception of the Tuesday Tai Chi class, I have not taken a group fitness class at the gym since my ACL surgery. My sister and I used to take step classes together many, many years ago. However, my knee still creaks, crackles and squeaks. (No pain only noise.) I think a noisy knee is my permanent reminder that I have a reconstructed ACL. I decided that aerobic step classes are an activity of my past... something I used to do before knee surgery.

So…tonight, I am going to take a spin. Indoor cycling can burn between 400-600 calories in a forty-minute session. They recommend that you bring a lot of water and a towel.

Either I am going to love it…or I am going to hate it.

We shall see.

No comments: