Friday, April 4, 2008

A Break From The Dojo

I had a mini break from the dojo. We had kyu rank pre-testing and testing in March. Pre-testing lasts for one week and during that time the dojo head determines if a student is ready to test. As a class instructor, I usually get a mini break from teaching during a testing month. Testing makes class instructors nervous too. If widespread corrections need to be made it usually ends up being the responsibility of the instructor. Six months ago, after testing, I was asked "why don't the green belts know how to ...?" I like when testing goes smoothly.

During the last two weeks, I have been gym shopping. I think I found the gym I want to join. Now I am trying to figure out how often I can get there. The cost of joining the gym is a little more than one PT appointment. This gym has a yoga program that is included with the price of membership. I used to pay extra to attend yoga classes. I am motivated to join and it may be because it is the year of The Big 4-0. I have been spending time at my sisters' house using her home gym. I am happy to report that my leg press ability has improved dramatically.

Tomorrow is Renshi training at the Honbu. It should be a great workout. I am hoping that my knee can withstand six hours of training. It was last April that my injury occurred and I am planning to be very careful.


1 comment:

Nonblond said...

I can't wait to get back to the gym. It's funny how much you miss it when you can't go.