Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Days of Summer

Friday was the last day of school for my daughter. I have been more excited than she has been about the end of the school year. I have more time in the summer. There is no homework to check, daughter to get ready, lunch money to remember, activities to attend or bus to catch. School mornings are tough. I am one of those people that get up quickly in the morning. My daughter is a "five more minutes of sleep" type. She would catch the bus at 7:10 a.m. and I start work at 8:30 a.m. Now that it is summer, I get to sleep a few more minutes or get some housework done.

In the Sunday paper, Andy Rooney made a list of Good Things. His list included a full tank of gas to finding money in a pants pocket. I thought I would make a list too.

A Few Good Things - Summer

1. the last day of school
2. a fresh cut lawn
3. air conditioning
4. a clean house
5. a dish of chocolate ice cream with peanut butter topping
6. karate training camp
7. plane tickets
8. vacation days
9. local festivals
10. picnics
11. a game of S.P.U.D.
12. laundry hung outside to dry
13. Alpine Slides
14. miniature golf
15. auctions and yard sales

Have a safe summer!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Good post! I'm willing to bet most people would benefit from a "good things" list to be reminded how fortunate they are and to keep things in perspective (myself included!)

Michele said...

Thanks Steve! I know there are times that I need to be reminded of the "good things".