Monday, January 19, 2009

Making Changes - A Healthier 2009




I am not a big believer in New Years resolutions. But this year, I decided to make some changes in my diet. My sister "K" is a role model for good nutrition. She eats the recommended daily servings of all the food groups. K tries to eat superfoods and experiments with different recipes. In her kitchen is a bookshelf packed with cookbooks, magazines and recipe cards. Unfortunately, the experiments are not always successful. I was invited to stay for dinner and was served white meat loaf. I have no idea what was in the white meat loaf. I do remember that it tasted awful and looked even worse. I learned a valuable lesson. When invited for dinner at K's house, it is important to ask "What's for dinner?".

After a discussion with K, I have made the following changes:

I eat salad for lunch instead of a quick meal or sandwich. I was making the wrong choices due to limited time for lunch.

I know that I eat when I am stressed. Now, when I am feeling stressed, I avoid the temptation to snack.

Ten o'clock at night is tough for me. It is the time of day when I finally get to sit down, relax and want to have a snack. It was an unhealthy habit that I had to break.

I have a weakness for Hershey's chocolate. But this one may have to wait until 2010! :)

4 comments:

K said...

Just to let you know... it was 99% turkey meatloaf seasoned with oatmeal and herbs and spices. Very tasty.

Hack Shaft said...

I've resolved to step up my push-ups and sit-ups. I'm up to 25 currently, adding one more each day.

I won't worry much about weight until my knee's healthy enough for more aerobic workouts!

Michele said...

K: No...really...it was awful.

Hack Shaft: I tried the 100 Push-up Program but had to stop because my shoulder kept popping.

anesha said...

Hi Nice Blog .In this, the body is studied by regions rather than by organs. This is of importance to the surgeon who exposes different planes after the skin incision and who, of course, must be perfectly familiar with structures as he explores the limbs and Knee cavities.