Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Please Sign Here …

I did it! It took me six weeks of research and discussion but I finally joined a gym. I signed my name on official documents and made a year commitment. For most people, joining a gym is no big deal. This was a big decision for me. I reviewed price, location, hours of operation and class schedules. I joined the gym that my sister has been a member of for 15 years. I was a member of this gym right after my daughter was born.

Why was this decision so difficult for me? It is about finding the time. Could I find the time? I realized that I needed to change my approach. I told myself that I was going to make the time. Believe me; I know that people with busy lives go to the gym. My brother goes to the gym at 5:00 a.m. My sister goes right after work. When could I go? People have brutal schedules but they still make the time.

My schedule:

Work
Monday – Friday 8:30-5:00 (January - September) 8:00 – 6:30 (October - December)
Saturday – part-time job (4 hours week)

Teach karate
Monday – 7:00 – 8:00
Wednesday – 6:00 – 8:00
Thursday – 6:00 – 8:00

I also need to take into consideration my daughter’s schedule:
Monday – Brownies after school
Tuesday – Tambourine 6:15 -7:00
Soccer in the fall, play practice in the winter and summer
1 hour of homework M-Th

I did not even mention all the regular responsibilities of home and family. I need to etch out enough time to get to the gym three times a week. During my last gym membership, I spent all my time attending group classes. This time I am going to hit the machines! I have my first appointment with a trainer on Saturday and we are going to discuss a program.

I will make the time.

There is a three-day buyer’s remorse clause …just in case.

No comments: