Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rough Week Ahead

It is going to be a rough week.

I can feel it.



It simply might be the Tuesday blues after a long holiday weekend. We spent Memorial Day weekend at the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. The trip was wonderful. Our group took several runs on the Alpine Slide, kayaking, paddle boats, bowling, swimming and climbed the rock wall. My daughter was awesome at the climbing wall. She was the only one from our group to reach the top of the wall and ring the bell.

This week, my evenings will be spent helping my daughter study for the fourth grade final exams. There will be two exams per day. The dreaded cumulative math exam is on Friday. Final exams….in grade school? She has been ready for summer break since the beginning of May. It is going to be difficult to keep her focused.

Lately, it seems like every time I pick up the phone, bad news is calling on the other end. I hesitate before I pick up the phone. I am relieved to hear the recorded message of a telemarketer or the politicians asking for a donation on the other end of the line.

It feels like it is going to be a rough week...I hope that I am wrong.

4 comments:

Littlefair said...

Parenting is the toughest of jobs, huh? Good luck this week!

Michele said...

Yes.

Thanks for the good luck wishes...we definitely need it. My daughter has a cold and missed school yesterday. She has to take four exams today. She did not even open her math book yet.

Cheri said...

I empathize with you about the final exams. My son just finished his for sixth grade. Wake County (North Carolina) requires them every year starting in first grade. Here they call them "EOGs" (End of Grade).

What ever happened to letting our kids be kids?

Michele said...

Cheri - There is a lot of pressure on kids these days. My daughter was sick last week and took four exams in one day. She has to take the remaining exams this morning.

I am looking forward to a relaxing, homework free Summer.