Monday, April 13, 2009

This Time…Last Year

I sat down at my computer to write a blog post.

And…

Nothing.

I have no idea what to write. The holiday weekend was nice but busy. I am helping my daughter finish her science project. I attended an excellent training at the Honbu on Saturday. My Mom had a wonderful Easter dinner and it was good being around family. I am having some minor computer problems. I cannot comment on blogs (including my own) from my home computer. I tried to figure it out but no luck (Any ideas?).

Therefore, I wondered. What was I was writing about last year at this time?

I clicked back to April 2008 and read a post called An Uneasy Feeling…Remembering. At the time of that writing, I was approaching one year since my ACL injury. In the post, I am remembering and describing the events surrounding my ACL tear. I discuss my injury, diagnosis and my decision to have the surgery. I sound so sad. I even look sad in the photo.

How do I feel in April 2009?

I do not have an uneasy feeling as I approach the two-year post ACL Reconstruction milestone. In regards to my knee, I feel happy and hopeful. My knee no longer defines me. This is hard to describe but there was a time when it felt like my knee was its own entity. I would talk about “the knee” or I was asked “How’s the knee?” I can honestly report that my knee is good. I am able to practice karate, tai chi and racquetball.

My knee has assimilated itself back to its proper place. It no longer has its own identity.


For those people who are recovering from ACL surgery or have a torn ACL, I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery.

No comments: